The Irish Register of Herbalists (IRH) is a professional body for fully trained, safe and competent herbalists who meet our qualification threshold and who accept the high standards of ethics, stringent criteria and professional conduct the Register demands.
- Types of Information Collected by the Irish Register of Herbalists
We collect and process the following information
a) Personal Data
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you, such as your name, address, email address, phone number and payment details. Such information is only collected from you when you voluntarily submit it to us. We use it to communicate with you in relation to your profession as a herbalist, to advise you regarding ongoing education, IRH services and activities, events and other membership related information.
We may also use this data to contact you through our newsletter. You will have the opportunity on these occasions to opt out from this communication if you wish.
b) Digital Information
Digital information data collected when you visit our website, including IP-addresses, browser data, traffic data, social media behaviour, and user patterns. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we may collect data regarding which newsletters you open, your location when opening them and whether you access any links inserted in the newsletters.
c) Non-Personal Data
Like most websites we may gather statistical and other analytical information on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you such as demographic information.
- Purposes for which we hold your data
a) Non-Personal Data:
We may the non-personal, anonymised data gathered from our website to get a better understanding of how the website is used and which pages are of most interest to visitors.
b) Personal Data
We use any Personal Data you provide to us for the purposes of providing with ongoing information and activities in relation to your profession as a herbalist. Specifically, this may include:
- To contact you when we need to.
- To remind you of your membership status and renewal.
- To update our membership contact details for you.
- To notify you of updates in relation to professional practice and use of herbs.
- To notify you in relation to legal and data protection issues.
- To advise you in relation to events, activities, Herb week, Herb feast, the Annual General Meeting and other similar events.
- To advise you of opportunities for continuous professional development.
- To provide you will newsletters to which you subscribe.
- To advise you of general activities of the IRH carried out in the interest of the herbal profession in Ireland.
- To provide you with information from other herbalists who are contributing to the community of herbalists in Ireland.
- To display your company and contact information in the “Find a Herbalist” section of the website (f you have chosen to participate).
c) Newsletter Data
Newsletter Data (name/email address) will be used for the purpose of regular updates from the IRH in relation to the profession and as outlined above.
Data collected for this purpose will be kept safe and will not be shared with any third-party.
d) Event Data
Where personal information (name and email address) is collected at an Event or Talk, it will be used for the purpose of inviting you to another similar event or talk in the future.
e) Digital Information Data:
We use the Digital Information data gathered from visitors to our social media platforms in an aggregate form to help us better design and organise our social media activity.
- Storage of Information
The information provided by you to us can be either manually provided or electronically. In the case of manually provided information, this will be kept in a locked, secure location.
Any electronic information provided by you is held on secure services. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information transmit to us via the internet. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Any transmission of data is therefore at your own risk.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
Credit card payments by via telephone/email will only be retained until payment has been successfully completed.
We keep client files for seven years from file closure.
We keep event contact details of up to 14 months after the event attended. This allows us contact you again if the event is annual.
If you want to stop receiving our newsletters or e-zines, you may do so at any time by using the unsubscribe link in every issue. Your email address may be retained to ensure you no longer receive communications from which you have unsubscribed.
- Your Rights
You have the following rights:
- be informed about processing of your data – which this Privacy Statement does;
- access your personal data;
- object to personal data processing;
- object to any direct marketing – either use the ‘unsubscribe’ button on our emails or contact us directly by email to email@example.com;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations.
To access any of these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.